What is this?
Back for its second year, The Whisky Society is a mini Malaysian whisky tasting festival which is especially ideal for people who want try a whole bunch of whiskies but don't really want to commit to full bottles of too many different expressions.
Confirmed participating brands so far (....with MORE coming!):
- The Balvenie (12, 14, 17)
- Bruichladdich (Laddie, Port Charlotte, OCTOMORE!!)
- Chivas (Extra, 12, 18)
- Glenfiddich (12,15, 18)
- Johnnie Walker (GREEN LABEL!!!)
- Kavalan (concertmaster, ex-bourbon, podium)
- Monkey Shoulder
- Nikka (Coffey Grain & Malt)
- Paul John (Brilliance & Edited. It's the "new" SMW from India!)
- The Singleton (Signature)
- Tomintoul (Peaty Tang, 14, 16)
Simple - the price of the ticket allows you to sample as many whiskies & as many times as you'd like (or for as long as your liver can stand it). Canapes included & you get a 2016 Whisky Society lapel pin as a souvenir. Plus: other fun activities like VR tours of selected distilleries!
Price & Purchase:
Standard tickets priced at RM229 - buy it from: http://tws2016.peatix.com/
For DRAMFULL members only at RM199 - ASK ME HOW!
It's not evident in the ticket site, but there's something else called Under the Dram too. These are selected whiskies which you will also get to try with an additional fee via token purchase (minimum purchase of RM50 for 2 tokens) at the event. You buy as many as you want as 1 token gets you a shot of any of the following:
- Balvenie 21
- Glenfiddich 21
- Diageo Classic Malts (think Talisker, Oban etc.. etc..)
- Kavalan Solist Sherry / Port
- Nikka Yoichi / Miyagikyo
Ruyi & Lyn, Level 4 Bangsar Shopping Centre KL
22 October 2016, 6pm-10pm
https://mywhiskysociety.wordpress.com or http://www.thewhiskysociety.tk/