Somersby launched its latest flavour to their line up - the Elderflower Lime.
Weighing in at at a respectable 4.5% abv, the alcohol content for Somersby is not for lightweights. As a comparison, Carlsberg’s Smooth Draught, while tasting light and smooth, tips only a little higher at 4.8%.
But what the heck is an Elderflower and how does it taste? It's a white-coloured flower of the Elderberry tree (found in the US and Europe) that imparts a flowery herbally taste - some have describe it as having a lychee-ish taste.
|Managing Director Lars Lehmann & the management team of Carlsberg Malaysia|
for the launch of Somersby Elderflower Lime at Morganfield’s Da Men Mall USJ.
I personally find the Elderflower Lime served in a tall glass packed with ice very refreshing and thirst quenching with a slight bubbly tingle on the tongue.
Instead of a dessert wine like a Moscato that may bleed your pocket, the Somersby Elderflower Lime and even the rest of its sister products (Apple cider,
It's available in both bottle (330ml) and can (320ml) at major hypermarkets and supermarkets nationwide.
Carlsberg Malaysia's running a few promos in conjunction with the launch of this new variant, check them out:
- the Somersby Kombi mobile bars will be roving around in September to local tourist spots, night markets, supermarkets and hypermarkets around Peninsular Malaysia offering consumers a chance to sample Somersby Apple, Blackberry, Sparkling Rosé and the new Elderflower Lime.
- Get a can of Somersby Elderflower Lime FREE with every purchase of a 4-can or 4-bottle pack at participating hypermarkets, supermarkets and convenient stores from 27 August to 30 September. This deal is also available for the 6-can pack Carlsberg or Carlsberg Smooth Draught.
- Special food promotion at 100 participating F&B outlets from 1 September to 31 October where the Somersby Elderflower Lime will be offered at a discount.
- Also check out Morganfield’s for the mouth-watering Baby Back Ribs promotion perfectly
paired with the Somersby Elderflower Lime.
- Visit www.winetalk.com.my to get the Somersby Mystery Box set worth RM50 comprising all 4 flavours at only RM35!
For details, follow Somersby Malaysia on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SomersbyMY.
(Images: Carlsberg Malaysia)