|All the Arrans Available in Malaysia.|
- Opened in 1995 - to put things in perspective, the oldest bottle that they technically can have today if barreled then is 19. So it is a relatively new distillery.
- It is located at the East of the village of Lochranza at the North of the Isle of Arran. Yes, the whisky took after the island's name.
- An independent distillery - ie privately owned and not owned by the big boys.
- Founded by Chivas Brothers’ retiring managing director, Harold Currie.
- The only malt whisky distillery on the Isle of Arran (since the last legally run distillery, ‘Lagg’, was closed in 1837... that's about 158 years ago!)
- Water used in the distillery is sourced from Loch na Davie, supposedly home to the purest water in all of Scotland.
- Its single malts are non-chill filtered, which means that it will cloud in a cooler temperature.